Hello everyone! This is my first post in a WC Forrum ever.
I just started WCing full time about 3 months ago. I have some commercial accounts (less than 600$ per month reoccurring before taxes). I really want to do residential but feel stuck in the pre-marketing phase of my, hopefully booming soon - residential WC business since I am still relatively new and have limited resources. I have a basic rough draft of what I want to put in a black & white flier. I cant claim 20 years experience or other various credentials like some can, nor can I invest in expensive expensive full color fliers. I have been building this business from the ground up starting with nothing but a little bit of WC experiance I had learned 4 years ago, 150$ and forums like these to learn from. What I do plan on doing is printing Fliers from my laser printer and distributing them around selected mid-upper-scale neighborhoods. Here is what I have come up with so far for my Flier:
Dave’s Window Cleaning
[I]“Don’t loose sight of the meaningful things in life”[/I]
The more windows you have, the more it matters when they are clean. If your windows get cleaned the right way, they will stay clean longer. Cleaning windows yourself can be tiresome, frustrating and sometimes even dangerous. Its no wonder that cleaning windows is one of the largest, most disliked and avoided chores by homeowners.
If clean windows would make you happy but you don’t want to invest your time, attention and energy doing them yourself, Let me do the work for you! I will clean them safely and professionally in a way that allows them to stay clean longer. After all, Clean windows help create a brighter, more relaxed and less stressful home atmosphere. My goal is your satisfaction, so if you find that it is not completely done to your high expectations, then I will come back and make it right.
Call me or email me today for a Free Estimate for your window cleaning. If you have a special elderly Mom or Dad in the Tri-Cities that needs their windows cleaned within a month after your cleaning, I will discount them 15% off on their first cleaning!
Ask about a full screen deep-cleaning to remove pollen, dirt, dust, and bird droppings.
David Pickens – Owner and Operator
There are a few things so far I am unsure about.
- Should I include my email?
- Is the Mom Dad discount to high/low/ just right?
- I doubt most of the homes I plan to leave fliers at have many screens but I thought screen cleaning may be something that they would tell their friends about. I also think it may help anchor my service in their minds since allergy season here is one of the worst (if not the worst) in the country. Is my reasoning correct?
- Is a full page flier desirable? I plan on making 2 fliers per sheet.
- I thought about including a few testimonials from clients of mine and maybe even pictures if my printer does gray-scale well. (I still haven’t tested it) This would also help plug a few of my commercial clients businesses. 2 possible drawbacks to this would be that it may appear like any other advertisement and that it may sound like I am begging for credibility.
Do any of you live in a place where pollen seasons are bad? Here its so bad, you could wash your car one day and the next day or so, it will have a greenish yellow powder all over it. Do people generally wait until pollen season over with to get their windows cleaned? I have a giant fittness center that wants their window cleaned every 3 months but wants to wait untill pollen season is over to get them done. I have felt discouraged because I have given a few residential quotes and have not heard back from them yet.
Any help and constructive criticism will be greatly appreciated. Thanks