Electrified window frames


#1

Doing a residential window cleaning today after a housewash and my guy tells me he just got shocked by a window frame. Me being me, thinks he’s full of it. So I touch the frame and get the shock as well. Pretty good jolt. No injuries thank God but I couldn’t belive it. Never heard of such a thing. We notified the customer and moved onto the next job. Anyone else ever experienced this?


#2

I’ve heard of gutters and even the ground being electrified due to bad wiring. They need to get an electrician there, stat.

A friend of mine discovered that the entire ground circuit of his house had a 50v charge on it. Yikes.


#3

That’s crazy! Yea that’s what I told them too. Call an electrician… call today!


#4

That’s weird. I’m usually shocked by clean windows.


#5

ba dum tssss


#6

Stray voltage can be dangerous and hard to figure out.